Saturday, September 22, 2012

Embrace the detours. -Kevin Charbonneau


I set out along the Great Ocean Road last Saturday.  I had every intention of seeing the Twelve Apostles and checking out some falls along the way.  Thanks to some rough weather and a lot of rain, most of the falls were closed.  Once we reached Apollo Bay... I discovered that the Twelve Apostles were still an hour away----Looks like the Twelve Apostles are not in my cards until some other time.

The drive was beautiful.  I loved every second of it.  It was cloudy and it rained for half the drive.  It was a winding road; some part were high above the shore line, other parts were right along side the waves.  It was windy.  The water was a dark deep blue.  The waves crashed against the rocky shore violently.  Standing out there, leaning against the wall, I just took it all in.  All I could think to myself was *breathe*

You know, sometimes life doesn't pan out the way you want it to.  Sometimes all the plans you have change.  Sometimes all your hopes and dreams change.  I honestly never thought I'd be here; in Australia.  I don't even really know how it happened.  Here I am sitting inside on a beautiful Saturday afternoon thinking to myself, 'what should I do with myself today'.  I'm on the other side of the world with nothing but a blank canvas in front of me.  For the first time, everything I used to see before my eyes is gone.  I just want to be.  That's it.  I just want to be.  I want to feel the wind in my hair, the rain on my lips and the sun on my skin.  I want to be in snow up to my knees.  I want the sand between my toes.  I don't want a worry in the world.  I just want to be happy.   What is happiness?


Peace and Love <3


No comments:

Post a Comment