Sunday, January 8, 2012

Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born. - unknown to me

Tonight is da Saturday.  I went into town with the rest of the exchange students.  It's safe to say that none of them drink like I do.  HAHA.  Oh well, thats what boundaries are for.   I met a very interesting array of people tonight.   The very first person was "Oscar the Grouch" (we call him that because he wearing a grouch shirt).  He bought me a drink and a made all of the females in our party a flower from a napkin (poor Ryan..he really missed out).  I met a Rasta drum maker...his name is Mark; Mark said he'd teach us how to make our own drums and if we rent a car he'd take us on a guided tour (he used to be one).  Mark also tried teaching me Kriol last night and smokes the ganja.  I met a local named Jimmy this morning.  Jimmy is an older gentleman who owns a very authentic restaurant and adventure tour business.  He also has apartments that are much much cheaper than La Cabins. Then we met 3 other boys from the USA.  They're all leaving tomorrow.  Not going to lie, they all reinforced why I'm not a huge fan of Americans.    Finally, I met Rafael.  He helps with archaeological digs...I CAN MEET THE PROJECT DIRECTPRRRRR!!!  This means I may have found a potential place to volunteer!!! SO EXCITED!!!!!

Peace and love

No comments:

Post a Comment